Wednesday, January 16, 2013

One Sweet Challenge



 It's Wednesday which means a new challenge for you at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. We're so glad you're here, so sit back with a cup of tea and take a moment to read this post. Did you know January is Hot Tea Month? As much as I love my Starbucks latte, hot tea is my most favorite. I've gone to a local tea house for lunch and talk about fun! They serve pots of tea (over 40+ flavors) kept hot with a warmer as well as yummy lunch fare and desserts. The only problem was the dainty little tea cup like the one pictured above...one swallow and it's done!! And where's the big handle to hold on to like a mug?!!


Tea pots just keep getting cuter and cuter too. Having a niece and nephew-in-law who both work for Disney, I knew I had to share this adorable Mickey tea pot! Maybe on my next trip I'll pick myself up one!!!

As you can tell, I love to chat, but now let's get down to business. 
Our Grand Prize Winner of a $12 gift certificate to A Day for Daisies is:



Congratulations!

Please contact: Tammy at A Day For Daisies 
to receive your $12 Gift Certificate.
http://adayfordaisies.com/contact-us-2
Subject:  ADFD and SSW January 2013 Winner:


Be sure to grab your winner's badge from the sidebar to display proudly on your blog. 


Our Top Three are:

1.  MARIANNE #9

2. JOVITA #26

3. JANICE #23

Congratulations!!! Be sure and grab your Top Three badge for your blog.

 Here is our sketch for this week, by our very own co-designer Sally.  It lends itself to the use of beautiful designer papers and fun embellishments. And like every week, we have another wonderful sponsor. Put your hands together for...

Digi Stamp Boutique!!!   

All images/designs are created and copyright owned by Sally-Ann Hancock. My work means the world to me - it allows my passion to draw and create, to fit with my family life too - often the inspiration for my designs. Hope you enjoy as much as I enjoy creating.

Sally Ann has been a sponsor for us each and every month and we say a big "THANK YOU" to her for that! And she is generously giving our grand prize winner 6 digis of their choice FREE! Sally Ann, you're the best!!! 

Speaking of the best, there is no better Design Team around than the ladies I work with at Sweet Sketch Wednesday. So now it's time to show off their fabulous creations using images from Digi Stamp Boutique:







  


We hope these samples inspire you to create 
and join in our challenge this week!



Here are the Sweet Sketch Wednesday challenge rules for playing along:.

1. Create a card using the sketch of the week.  If you have a Digi Stamp Boutique image, we'd love to see what you can do with them.  However, you may use any stamp or element you have to create your card.

2.  If you are posting to an online gallery, please use Sweet Sketch Wednesday 

#189 as your label or tag.

3.  Add the sketch of the week to your blog and include a link back to Sweet Sketch Wednesday.

4.  Post your card on your blog along with the link to SSW.

5.  Sign in to Inlinkz and add a direct link back to your card on your site.

6.  Be sure to leave a comment here on this site and please remember that this is one of the rules to be considered for the Grand Prize.

Have a fabulous week creating!


Note:  The challenge closes on Tuesday evening, 7:00 pm MST.



Have fun!! Linda and  


 Photobucket


29 comments:

  1. Ahw...ain't these lovely! Great sketch and great inspirations!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow thanks for choosing me as one of the top 3. Great sketch again and gorgeous DT work too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another lovely sketch and lovely DT works. Thanks for the Top 3 mention, Jx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning everyone. This was a fun sketch to create with. I hope all of our followers enjoy it too. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Thanks Linda for the fabulous post. Those are some really fun tea pots. And, Sally Ann, thank you so much for your continued support. Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs, Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!
    Congrats to the winner and 3 runner ups. Great card this week. Great work DT...Alway excited to see your work. Love you tea post Linda, I am a big tea fan too.
    Have a super week.
    Heide

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved working with the sketch this week - there are so many possibilities with it. Good luck everyone and congratulations to this week's winners. Holly x

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much for the winners title this week and thank you to your sponsors - adayfordaisies. well done to the top three. the new dt designs are gorgeous and a great sketch xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really enjoyed the sketch this week. I've been waiting for an excuse to use some of my embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello! What a fun sketch this week! I love seeing the new Valentine cards! Congrats Sherryn and our top 3! We love your creations! It's always so fun to see what our followers will create! Thank you, Linda, for a fun post about tea pots! My granddaughter would love the Disney ones as she is always wanting to have a tea party! Sally Ann, we love you and appreciate your support to SSW each month! Have a great week, everyone!
    Hugs, Judi

    ReplyDelete
  10. The samples are incredible and very inspiring. This is a great sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Post Linda - I only wish I loved tea... I have tried so many flavored teas thinking I could become a fan, but I still taste the tea... Guess I am just a coffee girl through and through!! I must say though, tea cups and tea pots fascinate me, so, I will juest have to use them for my coffee =)
    Congrats to last week's Winner and Top Three.
    Happy Crafting everyone!!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love, love, love this sketch and your inspiration is amazing...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a fun sketch - you ladies knocked it out of the park this week!!!

    Deanne :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous sketch, was so easy to follow with super results. Fantastic inspiration too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great sketch again this week, I thought it really suited a nice large image. Fab DT cards too xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the great sketch and DT cards. Love your teapot photos Linda even though I don't drink tea.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for a great sketch, I'm trying it out...
    Lovely inspiration from the team.
    Dorte,x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this sketch! The DT cards are great inspiration for using it.

    -Lori Byrns

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello Ladies, fab sketch here! Gorgeous DT cards too...all so cute and different!

    I hope you are all keeping well.
    Wedgie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the design this week, it was a nice easy one.lol x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great sketch again this week and I love the DT projects. All so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love those teapots! The sketch is lovely, I really enjoyed using it! Thanks to the DT for their wonderful inspiration, too!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for another challenge and to the DT for adorable inspiration pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fabulous inspiration by the talented DT members. The sketch was fun to play with, hope my added flower doesn't spoil my participation.

    Hugs, Eemeli

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great sketch and DT inspiration as always, thank you.
    Hugs,
    Nicola -x-

    ReplyDelete
  26. Digi Stamp Boutique has the greatest images. Another fun sketch, too.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Wonderful sketch and love all the takes on it!! I got my card in! Whew!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Loved this week's sketch! Great samples by the DT, too. I played along with the challenge but didn't enter my card since I am on the DSB design team and get images from Sally-Ann already. :) Hope to play along with another sketch soon!

    ReplyDelete
  29. another fabulous sketch ladies, so pleased i found your challenge :D

    xx coops xx

    ReplyDelete